Every royalty contract is linked to a royalty schedule. A royalty schedule determines:
- When royalty statements are created
- Royalty statement format
- Where royalty statement PDFs are saved
- The email template used when statements are emailed to royalty recipients
Royalty Schedule Records
To view royalty schedule records go to royalty software’s Data & functions menu and select Royalty Schedules from the secondary menu. You can sort the records by selecting the column header.
To add a royalty schedule record select the blue plus sign ( + ) on the tool bar.
To view a royalty schedule record select the schedule record and press your mouse button twice or select the edit icon (the pencil) in the toolbar.
The royalty schedule’s general tab is where you specify when royalty statements are generated.
The royalty cycle for annul statements is 12 months. For semi-annual statements the cycle is 6 months. For quarterly statements the cycle is 1 month.
The output tab is where you specify the format of the royalty statements for this schedule and where the royalty statement PDFs will be stored. If you will be sending royalty statements to royalty recipients you can specify the email templates for your emails.
Statement Format Settings
Users can customize royalty statements by selecting from numerous options. After selecting the options, select the Save settings… button to save these settings.
The runs tab shows the history of royalty runs linked to this schedule.
- Calculated – royalty statement records were created.
- Generated – PDF files were created for each royalty statement. PDFs can be created for each statement or a single PDF can be created for each author.