Permissions are derived from the licensing of rights for a component of the title. A component may be a chapter, a photo, a graphic image, an illustration or selected passages or pages from a title. A single title can be linked to one component or many components.
You must create the component before you can license it.
To create a title component:
- From the Data & functions menu select the Titles view. Open the desired title record. To open the title record select the title record then click the title record twice with your mouse or select the edit icon; the red pencil, in the toolbar.
- Go to Title record’s More tab. Select Components from the menu.
- Select the Add a component button.
- The Title component window appears
- Complete the definition fields to define the component.
- A component name is required.
- Specify a component type: chapter, photo, illustration, etc.
- In component origin section specify whether this is a component that you own or one that you licensed.
- Press save and close the title component window