Our royalty software is an affordable and powerful solution for tracking sales, calculating royalties and generating royalty statements.
Sales data can be entered manually, or imported on a regular basis from an Excel spreadsheet, comma delimited text file or a Microsoft Access database. Author agreements can be set up with flexible royalty calculation rules for producing accurate and comprehensive royalty statements. Our royalty software can export payments data to a file for importing into your accounts payable system.
- Generates a general ledger summary report for each royalty run. This report summarizes the general ledger balance changes for a group of royalty statements or for an individual statements
- Assign general ledger accounts for payments based on product line.
- Export payments owed to a file for importing into your accounts payable system
- See contract information, agent information, royalty contracts, royalty statements and payments for an author (licensor).
- Import authors, sales, titles (properties) and editions (products)
- Create and save custom file import formats
- Multi-currency functionality for sales imports
Reserves for Returns
- Option to withhold a portion of royalty earnings to cover future returns
- Reserves can be based on format or sales type
- Reserves can be withheld for one period or multiple royalty periods
- Deduct unearned royalty advances from royalty earnings
- Track liability for unpaid advances
- Royalties can be a percentage of net receipts, retail price, sales less expenses, and gross profit.
- Royalties can be a flat rate per unit sold.
- Royalties applied based on on product type (hardcover, paperback, digital), customer, discount, below cost, format, product classification, sales type and territory.
- Escalating royalties based on quantity, revenue or retail price for a specific product, product format, or all products linked to royalty contract.
- Our royalty software supports royalty guarantees. This is where the licensee (publisher) promises to pay the licensor (author) a minimum royalty.
- Accrual or cash based royalties.
- User customizable
- Email statements to royalty recipients
- Summary sheets for authors with multiple titles
- Create a PDF for each statement or one PDF for all statements
- View all authors and contracts linked to a title
- View all editions (products) linked to a title
Royalty Software Online Demo
To see our royalty software in action contact us to schedule an online demonstration. We will show you how EasyRoyalties can meet your organization’s specific requirements. After the demonstration download a 30 day trial version of the software. This fully functional trial will allow you to fully test the software. You can import authors and products, create contracts, import sales, calculate royalties and generate royalty statements.