Royalty software updates are optional. You can continue using the version you currently have installed. You may wish to update to take advantage of a new feature we’ve added, or because we’ve corrected a problem. If you don’t update now, you can update to a later version in the future. The updates are cumulative – if you update later, you will get everything from previous updates as well, even the ones you’ve skipped.
4.10.20 (20 July 2018)
- Improvement: Reserve rule option to calculate royalties on net (sales and returns). Default is to calculate reserve for returns only on sales.
- Improvement: Bulk modify contracts tab added to deal with reserve rules.
- Improvement: Royalty statement option to show sales and returns separately.
4.10.17 (20 June 2018)
- Improvement: The royalty payments view export field list was updated to include addresses for the beneficiary (author), agent and pay to recipient. The pay to recipient is the party that receives the payment (either the beneficiary or their agent).
4.10.15 (11 June 2018)
- Bug fix: Royalty expense report: after running this report, you might be unable to delete sales, titles, licenses, or various other entities, with the message that they were linked to royalty statements, even if the entities did not appear to be linked to any royalty statements. This has been fixed.
- Bug fix: Importing submissions: if territory information is specified, some sample-sent information and follow-up-done information may not have imported correctly. This has been fixed.
- Improvement: Column for “Main ISBN” added to the royalty contracts view.
- BETA VERSION: Added Sandbox option to the royalty portal. When sandbox is activated, author notifications are sent to the publisher. This allows the publisher to review the format of author notifications.
- BETA VERSION: Added option for publisher to display life to date sales on the royalty portal.
4.10.13 (1 April 2018)
- Bug fix: Royalty statement, standard format, sales section: royalty amount displaying as ‘######’ for large numbers; this has been fixed.
- Improvement: Publisher summary sheet, submissions section: added contact person as a sort option.
- BETA VERSION: Updated user interface for the royalty portal.
4.10.06 (7 March 2018)
- Improvement: Sales view, new columns: customer address fields.
- Improvement: Companies view, new columns: main contact fields.
- Improvement: Loading limit dialogue for views with a large number of items: in certain situations, if a user selected a limit (e.g. ‘load only the first 1,000 items’), the selection was ignored, and the full list was loaded. This has been fixed.
4.09.34 (13 February 2018)
- New feature: Sales consolidation: new option to consolidate on discount rates taken from royalty rules.
4.09.30 (23 January 2018)
- Improvement: Royalty statement: now a royalty statement can be added to a run (or moved from one run to another). This is done from the royalty statement’s status tab.
- Improvement: Royalty run, Generate command: options now include the statement format to use for printing. (The default statement format to use for printing is specified in the Schedule; now, a different format can be selected when generating statements from within the run)
4.09.29 (13 January 2018)
- BETA VERSION: Author portal improvements. Accessible by clients granted access to the beta version. Beta version access status is viewable from the Options & Settings > About screen.
04.09.28 (10 January 2018)
- Improvement: Copy license, copy purchase: added options to control which components are copied.
- Improvement: Purchase advance calculation: option to select revenue base for calculation if ‘extra services’ are present.
- New feature: New ‘merge’ function to exchange contacts and/or titles with another TR or ER database.
4.09.27 (30 December 2017)
- Refresh statement recalculates escalators. Select prior and current statement to recalculate escalators for current statement.
4.09.24 (20 December 2017)
- Performance improvements
04.09.23 (12 December 2017)
- Improvement: Import royalty contracts: now handles reserve rules
- New feature: Licenses, royalty reporting settings: new option to indicate royalty reporting obligation starts after publication.
- Improvement: Licences, publication dates: overall first publication date now synchronises with title’s publication date.
- Improvement: New company field: VAT Treatment
- Bug fix: Documents/printing: if stationery option is selected, but no stationery has been set up in the database, an error occurs. This has been fixed.
- Improvement: Royalty contracts, reserve rules: free-text rule description converted to value from a drop-down list (‘reserve rule type’)
04.09.16 (11 November 2017)
- Bug fix: Client payment advice & client invoice documents: causing error when called from Royalties-in records. This has been fixed.
- Improvement: Royalty statements: option added to include author’s bank details on statement.
4.09.08 (22 September 2017)
- Improvement: Edition record: Imported edition (product) inventory levels are automatically sorted by date.
- Improvement: Sales imports will show an on-screen prompt to enter missing foreign exchange rates.
- New feature: Importing > Sales: Amazon KDP Prior Month’s Royalties – eBook, new sales import format.
- New feature: Importing > Sales: Amazon KDP Prior Month’s Royalties – Paperback, new sales import format.
4.09.04 (30 August 2017)
- Improvement: Authors/Contributors view: Notes & attachments added. Users can enter notes at the author level. (V4.09.03)
- Improvement: Authors summary report: Added option to include author notes (V4.09.04)
- Improvement: Titles view, Expenses: Horizontal scroll bar added to expenses view. (V4.09.03)
4.08.08 (7 July 2017)
- Bug fix: Following a Microsoft Windows update, create new database function was no longer functioning. This has been fixed.
- Bug fix: Corrections to ONIX import (titles and series were not being interpreted correctly; this has been fixed).
4.08.02 (6 June 2017)
- New feature: Reporting > Royalty Expenses. Shows royalty expenses for a selected period. You can see the royalty expenses for a period before royalty statements are calculated.
4.07.20 (14 May 2017)
- Improvement: Welcome tab added to the Home menu.
- Improvement: Royalty payments view, new column: Item Type (Advances or Fees, Royalty Statement, Miscellaneous).
- Improvement: Startup experience improvement: option to control which page is displayed on startup. This feature is accessed from the Preferences menu.
- Improvement: Startup experience improvement: check for update and dashboard refresh now launch after first page is displayed.
- Improvement: Sales entries, new columns: MSRP currency, MSRP, PPD. (Shows the RRP or MSRP in effect for the sales entry; also useful as a means of identifying whether no MSRP was associated with the sales entry).
4.07.14 (14 April 2017)
- Improvement: Added bank payments fields to the author and royalty payments export field selection list.
- Improvement: Added historical balances section to the royalty contract summary report.
4.07.13 (13 April 2017)
- New feature: Data & functions > Expense jobs. Users can track expenses by job.
- Improvement: Expense allocations allows expenses to be assigned to a title, edition (product), purchases and co-editions.
4.07.12 (10 April 2017)
- Improvement: Default vendor expense class, expense category and expense type
4.07.07 (31 March 2017)
- Improvement: New dialog options for royalty statement calculations.
- Improvement: If you refresh royalty statements they are rebuilt without losing any adjustments or deductions that were entered.
4.07.01 (19 February 2017)
- New feature: Options & settings > Database management > Support File Packager prepares a zipped folder with the database, error log and settings files.
4.06.40 (13 January 2017)
- Improvement: Royalty statement formats; landscape and multi-title, now include an option to show sales by customer and territory.
4.06.38 (11 January 2017)
- Improvement: Royalty statements: new option to show detail (unsummarized) sales. This shows every sales transaction that included the a royalty statement.
- Improvement: Import Amazon KDP sales reports: now updated to handle the modified date formats in the new Amazon reports.
4.06.36 (5 January 2017)
- Bug fix: Royalty statements: if two or more consecutive statements are both below the minimum payment amount, the withholding was not being managed correctly. This has been fixed.
4.06.35 (3 January 2017)
- Filter for Title expenses view
4.06.34 (2 January 2017)
- New feature: Data & functions > Title expenses view. Title expenses can be viewed from the title expenses view, title records, edition records and company records.
- New feature: Royalty statement footers. Footers can include stationary, product author/title and page number.
4.06.33 (12 December 2016)
- Beta code: New functionality: Expense Tracking. This update and the prior updates (4.06.31, 4.06.32) have the beta code for the new expense tracking functionality. When fully implemented the royalty software will be able to generate a title (IP or intellectual property) profit and loss report. The code in this section Title > More… > Expenses is alpha code. This means that the functionality will be changing as development proceeds. Our beta code release allows user to submit commits to the IT Team during the development process. The beta for expense tracking functionality has no impact on royalty calculations.
4.06.28 (19 November 2016)
- New feature: New report: Royalty rules usage. This report shows royalty rules sorted by royalty contract or royalty rule name and the associated applies to criteria and royalty rates.
4.06.26 (8 November 2016)
- Improvement: New options for controlling the appearance of payment information on royalty statements.
4.06.25 (7 November 2016)
- Improvement: Royalty statements: Standard format includes new options for formatting the product identifier.
- Improvement: Royalty statements includes a new option to include outstanding payments in the totals section.
- Improvement: Royalty contract: Standard fees now include an option to limit the fee to the amount of royalties payable.
- New features: Historical royalty balance fields added at the beneficiary level.
- Improvement: Royalty statement details (on-screen view) not displays the contract group in the header.
4.6.20 (25 September 2016)
- New feature: Backup reminders.
4.6.19 (22 September 2016)
- Bug fix: Import royalty contracts: when specifying a template contract, the royalty schedule was not being copied to the new contract. Fixed.
- Improvement: Import royalty contracts: mapping added for contract-level minimum payment.
- Bug fix: Royalty statements: error on printing if using amount-based escalators in certain regional settings. Fixed.
- Bug fix: First royalty statement in a contract group may fail to pick up historical unearned advance balances. Fixed.
4.6.16 (19 September 2016)
- New feature: Title Marking classification fields for sales analysis (example: Class: Pets, Category: Horses, Subject: Mustangs).
- Improvement: Performance improvements for Titles view (initial view listing, lookups & filters).
- Improvement: Various new fields and improvements for Rights Buyers (acquisitions module).
4.6.10 (15 August 2016)
- New feature: Automatic update available notifications, with settings.
- Improvement: New options on royalty statements filters for Royalties Earned, Royalties Payable
- Improvement: Column for ‘Foreign system reference’ added to royalty statements view.
- Improvement: Royalty statements, author summary & agent summary pages: royalties earned column added (as separate from royalties payable).
- New feature: Import translation tables.
- Improvement: Royalty contracts: tally type added for Edition Product Category.
- Improvement: Import royalty contracts: new fields added (BeneficiaryContactName, AgentContactName)
4.5.04 (2 July 2016)
This royalty software update added warnings for invalid splits. An invalid split is where multiple authors sharing royalties on a title receive more than 100% of the royalties.
- Royalty contracts: Check/warn for invalid splits with multiple beneficiaries.
- Royalty contracts view: Column for invalid splits: Yes, No
- Royalty runs: Check and warn for invalid splits when calculating royalties.
- Fix: Check royalties on sales entries. Error if rate type is retail. Fixed
- Fix: Check royalties on sales entries. Error if title is a bundle. Fixed.
4.5.03 (28 June 2016)
- Royalty contract: Royalty shares (%) now have a start and end date. The royalty shares and royalty recipients for a single contract can change over time.
- Royalty contract: Applies to criteria for product category added.
- Royalty contract > Royalty rules: Author rights renamed as royalty rules for consistency.
4.4.30 (3 June 2016)
- Landscape royalty statement style generating errors; fixed
4.4.29 (31 May 2016)
- New databases: General options (home currency, home language, tax name, etc.) are automatically initialized based on Windows regional settings.
- General Options: VAT rate field now shows as a percentage, not decimal value
4.4.27 (22 May 2016)
- Author contract import, ‘Agent’ field not importing correctly; fixed
- Author contract import: basic reserve rule fields added
- New columns added to Sales view: Total expenses, Net revenue, Tax/VAT amt, Net sale amt. These fields are available for export and use in statistics definitions.
- New columns added to Titles view: Age from, Age to, Ages description, Page count, Other specifications
- New filter options added to Titles view
- New columns added to Title Editions view: Subtitle, Imprint, Age from, Age to, Ages description, Dimensions, Title release season
- New filter options added to Title Editions view
- Rights sold: additional selection criteria added
- Submission dues report: additional selection criteria added
- Submission tracking report: additional selection criteria added
4.4.13 (28 March 2016)
- New report: Sales Analysis
- New view: Licensee editions (for clients with optional rights management module)
- Invoices: Improved closing status on payment processing
- Multi-title royalty report was crashing, fixed.
- Purchase advance, create invoice was crashing, fixed.
- Royalty runs: Generate PDF command now prompts for output location (prepopulated with default location specified in the royalty schedule).
4.4.11 (22 March 2016)
- Royalty statement calculation time reduced by 50% on average.
- Sales on or prior to the royalty contracts > historical balances >prior system statements through date field are excluded from royalty earnings calculations. Sales dated on or prior to this field are used to determine escalator levels. You can add a new royalty recipient to a contract and have royalties apply only to future sales.
4.4.1 (14 March 2016)
- Main menu help button links to PDF help documentation.
4.4.0 (7 March 2016)
- Database login change button now displays a list of recently accessed databases. This is designed for multi-company clients that have a separate royalty database file for each company.
- Sales import provides option to consolidate sales records. Sales records are consolidated when all attributes match. For example, sales entries for the same ISBN but with different sales types will not be consolidated.
4.3.26 (16 February 2016)
- Minor but important bug fixes.
4.3.25 (2 February 2016)
- New consolidate sales functionality is available from the sales view actions command drop down list.
4.3.15 (19 January 2016)
- Press (free) entry type added to the sales record.
- Custom sales import routine has an option to set entry type to “Press (free)” if sales or receipts are zero.
- Entry type selection options added to the sales details and sales summary report. You can print sales reports that include or exclude sales, returns, press (free) and historical transactions.
- Exchange rate popup added to the KDP (Kindle Desktop Publishing) sales import routine. You can enter foreign currency exchange rates during the import process.
- Companies record > activities > sales tab has a default channel type field. When sales records are created the channel type will be populated by the default channel type if empty.
4.3.10 (16 January 2016)
- Channel Type field added to the sales record. This non-royalty field provides functionality for tracking sales by sales channels. Sample channels are direct, retail and wholesale.
- Consumer field added to the sales record. This field allows users to track the source of the sale (customer) and the end user (consumer).
4.3.04 (4 January 2016)
- Bug fixes related to author imports and the de-linking of authors and beneficiaries
4.3.01 (29 December 2015)
- New report: Reporting > Publication Lists shows LTD retail value, LTD net receipts, average discount, copies sold and returns percentage.
4.3.00 (12 December 2015)
- Major royalty software architectural change: AUTHORS and the royalty statement beneficiaries have been de-linked. The beneficiary no longer has to be an author/contributor linked to the title. A title can have contributor John Doe as ‘author’, and the royalty contract with the same John Doe, but on the royalty contract he shows as ‘copyright holder’.
4.2.78 (11 December 2015)
- New sales import functionality to extract ProductID (Item) from Item field (Item + Item Description) in QuickBooks Sales by Item Detail report
- Bug fix for 30 day trial version software registration screen
- Bug fix for royalty statement send history date field. Field format changed from MDY HMS to MDY
4.2.73 (8 December 2015)
- Royalty Run email improvements
- Option to send emails to Microsoft Outlook Outbox for immediate sending or Outlook That’s Rights drafts folder for review before sending
- Log when royalty statements are emailed
- New column added for royalty statements view: last send date.
4.2.68 (1 December 2015)
- Royalty Run email improvements
- Option to skip sending statement(s) if already sent
- Option to send only pending, issued and/or verified royalty statements. This allows the user to delay sending royalty statements that need to be reviewed.
- Performance improvements to alerts and statistics
4.2.67 (29 November 2015)
- Expiring licenses by represented author
- Improvement to statistics and alert definitions
- Home page statistics refresh automatically if more than one day old
- You can set the position (ranking) of statistics and alerts
- Statistics and alerts can be active or inactive
- Invoices now allow for lookup or filter by title and/or author
- Royalty runs view now has filters
- New databases now initialize with local settings for country and currency
- Minimum guarantees for licenses (Draft 1)
4.2.61 (11 November 2015)
- Improvements in performance with the views (listing the items in a view, find, filtering) for big databases
- Fixes for paper size (all documents; including royalty statements). A previous update was ignoring the default paper size setting on the user’s personal computer. This issue has been fixed
- Title imports no longer creates a new edition without an unique product identifier in the ISBN field. Edition records with SKU but no ISBN now logged as invalid.
Royalty software updates for Version 4 are available to licensed users of Version 4. Each update includes all prior updates. Download the latest update from the Preferences > About menu item or www.erupdate.net. If you have any questions email email@example.com.